The Tavern
Hello, Guest

The Tri servers may be closed, but you can still use this place as a hangout, or to set up hunting parties with MH3U players.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Tavern
Hello, Guest

The Tri servers may be closed, but you can still use this place as a hangout, or to set up hunting parties with MH3U players.
The Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters

+10
Kypancho
MR MAN991
AsteriskRocks
MHunterHoss
slayer9596
Trebay57
Maselino
Sound Wave
Elijah232
ryurei
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters - Page 2 Empty Re: Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters

Post by ryurei Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:53 pm

Elijah232 wrote:Dang, i still can't figure out how to make my own textures.... I would really appreciate a tutor Very Happy and Soundwave, I was wondering if i could get a download of that Black Ceadeus texture

Soundwave's textures will be posted at some point, waiting for him to send me the files.

As for how to texture mod the process is quite simple. You open the brres file in SZS modifier. This gives you access to 2 things; the textures and the 3d model. You open the textures folder and there will be a list of images. For armor you generally only need to mod the 1st image but you can mod them all if you like. You click on the image you want to export, a preview will appear on the right side of the window. You click on the preview which opens a new window labeled 'Texture Edit' where you export the picture (and later import the modded image.) You save the image wherever you like then mod away. As long as you don't change the size of the image you're good, there's very few ways to screw this up.

After you're done modding the image, you import it into the texture edit window. Press save to close it, then file>save in the main window and you're texture mod is complete and ready for patching.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

Zenny : 198
Weapon of Choice : Long Sword

MH3 Online Info
City: Netflix
Room Availability:
Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4/4Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/mhtriryurei

Back to top Go down

Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters - Page 2 Empty Re: Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters

Post by Elijah232 Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:01 am

I tried to open the brres with the Szs modifier but it said that access to the path is denied, what should i do?
Elijah232
Elijah232
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

Zenny : 37
Weapon of Choice : Hammer

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:
Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:04 am

Elijah232 wrote:I tried to open the brres with the Szs modifier but it said that access to the path is denied, what should i do?
It's probably write-protected (all textures from UMH3 packs are.) Right click on the file and go to properties. Unclick the box where it says 'Read Only' hit apply, then ok and you should be able to open it.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:
Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4/4Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah232 Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:12 am

Alright, it let me open the file but now i'm not sure how to retexture it
Elijah232
Elijah232
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:
Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:15 am

Elijah232 wrote:Alright, it let me open the file but now i'm not sure how to retexture it
Just follow my instructions exactly to extract the texture images. Then you just open them in whatever image editor you use. Paint is not recommended if you want to make high quality textures.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by AsteriskRocks Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:17 am

ryurei wrote:
Elijah232 wrote:I tried to open the brres with the Szs modifier but it said that access to the path is denied, what should i do?
It's probably write-protected (all textures from UMH3 packs are.) Right click on the file and go to properties. Unclick the box where it says 'Read Only' hit apply, then ok and you should be able to open it.

This is implying that UMH3 has every game texture in the pack. If you want the original textures then you need an ISO or you need to rip your MH3 disk.
AsteriskRocks
AsteriskRocks
Admin
Admin

Zenny : 514
Weapon of Choice : Sword & Shield

MH3 Online Info
City: 4
Room Availability:
Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3/4Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah232 Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:20 am

What program would you recommend for good quality textures?
Elijah232
Elijah232
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:22 am

AsteriskRocks wrote:
ryurei wrote:

This is implying that UMH3 has every game texture in the pack. If you want the original textures then you need an ISO or you need to rip your MH3 disk.
I wasn't implying that, since the UMH3 pack obviously does not have all the textures.
Just saying that all the files in the pack are write protected and can't be opened in programs. Though I should've probably explained how to extract brres files from the ISO. My apologies.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah232 Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:28 am

how would i go about ripping my MH3 disc?
Elijah232
Elijah232
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:31 am

Elijah232 wrote:how would i go about ripping my MH3 disc?
A USB Loader, there's a few ones to choose from. USB loader GX, CFG USB loader, Wiiflow. Though it would be easier just to find an ISO online and DL it.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah232 Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:33 am

hmm i'm getting a bit frustrated, can i just skype you for help?
Elijah232
Elijah232
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:37 am

Elijah232 wrote:hmm i'm getting a bit frustrated, can i just skype you for help?
Sorry it's late where I'm at and I've got some textures to make before I pass out. If you want I can give you a link for a great tutorial on texture modding.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah232 Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:39 am

That would be awesome, thanks
Elijah232
Elijah232
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:44 am

Elijah232 wrote:That would be awesome, thanks
I'm going to put in the 1st post, 1 second.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by AsteriskRocks Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:56 am

ryurei wrote:
AsteriskRocks wrote:
ryurei wrote:

I wasn't implying that, since the UMH3 pack obviously does not have all the textures.
Just saying that all the files in the pack are write protected and can't be opened in programs. Though I should've probably explained how to extract brres files from the ISO. My apologies.

Since I briefly skimmed and then read the write-protection assistance post, I could only assume:

He wants to use UMH3 textures as a base> Can't because they have write-protection > UMH3 must have plenty of good base textures? (Nope, all of them have been edited. Neutral)> Asks for help to overcome the protection to edit UMH3 textures> Finds out not all the textures are there. Sad

If there was no "write-protection" assistance mentioned then I would've assumed:

Wants to make his own texture edits> Gets told about the ISO> Extracts ISO images > Doesn't have to deal with "write-protection"> Edits them. Smile

That's my logic in a nutshell.

Anyway, sorry about the misunderstanding.
AsteriskRocks
AsteriskRocks
Admin
Admin

Zenny : 514
Weapon of Choice : Sword & Shield

MH3 Online Info
City: 4
Room Availability:
Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3/4Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:04 am

AsteriskRocks wrote:
ryurei wrote:
AsteriskRocks wrote:
ryurei wrote:

Since I briefly skimmed and then read the write-protection assistance post, I could only assume:

He wants to use UMH3 textures as a base> Can't because they have write-protection > UMH3 must have plenty of good base textures? (Nope, all of them have been edited. Neutral)> Asks for help to overcome the protection to edit UMH3 textures> Finds out not all the textures are there. Sad

If there was no "write-protection" assistance mentioned then I would've assumed:

Wants to make his own texture edits> Gets told about the ISO> Extracts ISO images > Doesn't have to deal with "write-protection"> Edits them. Smile

That's my logic in a nutshell.

Anyway, sorry about the misunderstanding.
It's np, I was just trying to get him to understand how to open brres files and go about modding them, Obtaining said files is a-whole-nother discussion lol
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah232 Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:16 am

Alrighty, Thanks guys, every up and running smoothly, i'll be sure to post some of my own textures when i get better with the new programs i got
Elijah232
Elijah232
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:18 am

Elijah232 wrote:Alrighty, Thanks guys, every up and running smoothly, i'll be sure to post some of my own textures when i get better with the new programs i got
Good luck dude.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by MHunterHoss Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:41 am

dose instructions....

very specific. me gusta
MHunterHoss
MHunterHoss
Veteran Hunter
Veteran Hunter

Zenny : 498
Weapon of Choice : Heavy Bowgun
Awards : Armor Texture Mods for Female Characters - Page 2 Award110

MH3 Online Info
City: None (Offline)
Room Availability:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MHunterHoss

Back to top Go down

Post by MR MAN991 Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:05 pm

This is.... AMAZING <3

Cheers for this!
MR MAN991
MR MAN991
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

Zenny : 10

MH3 Online Info
City: None (Offline)
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:01 pm

I'll be adding armors sometime soon, been busy modding other things lately but I do have some armors to post Wink
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kypancho Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Are you planning on making more male armor textures?
Kypancho
Kypancho
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

Zenny : 3
Weapon of Choice : Switch Axe

MH3 Online Info
City: Greed 4 city gate 4 city 4
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:50 pm

Kypancho wrote:Are you planning on making more male armor textures?
I don't really plan to do anything, but since I don't use a male character it's very unlikely that I'll go modding any male armor.

Unless someone gives me a request interesting enough to pique my interest.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kypancho Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:02 pm

How about a black ceadus armor with streaks of blood? or ice agnaktor for males? or Guild bard armor that looks like it's from TRON?
Kypancho
Kypancho
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

Zenny : 3
Weapon of Choice : Switch Axe

MH3 Online Info
City: Greed 4 city gate 4 city 4
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:48 am

Kypancho wrote:How about a black ceadus armor with streaks of blood? or ice agnaktor for males? or Guild bard armor that looks like it's from TRON?
The 1st twonwere already made by Shockwave, good luck getting them from him tho lol

That 3rd just sounds weird.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next