The Tavern
Hello, Guest

The Tri servers may be closed, but you can still use this place as a hangout, or to set up hunting parties with MH3U players.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Tavern
Hello, Guest

The Tri servers may be closed, but you can still use this place as a hangout, or to set up hunting parties with MH3U players.
The Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers

4 posters

Go down

Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Empty Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers

Post by Elijah232 Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:36 am

Hey, it's me again with another snag in my texturing attempt..... I've been able to pretty much do everything except replacing the original textures with my new edited ones
Elijah232
Elijah232
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

Zenny : 37
Weapon of Choice : Hammer

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:
Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Left_bar_bleue0/0Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Empty Re: Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers

Post by ryurei Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:41 am

Elijah232 wrote:Hey, it's me again with another snag in my texturing attempt..... I've been able to pretty much do everything except replacing the original textures with my new edited ones
Replace them where exactly? SZS modifier or in ISO/riivo?
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

Zenny : 198
Weapon of Choice : Long Sword

MH3 Online Info
City: Netflix
Room Availability:
Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Left_bar_bleue4/4Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/mhtriryurei

Back to top Go down

Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Empty Re: Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers

Post by Elijah232 Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:43 am

SZS Mod
Elijah232
Elijah232
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:
Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Left_bar_bleue0/0Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:45 am

Elijah232 wrote:SZS Mod
In the same window you export the texture images from. You import your edited texture and press save.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:
Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Left_bar_bleue4/4Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah232 Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:04 am

Nice! I got it! thanks Ryu
Elijah232
Elijah232
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:13 am

Elijah232 wrote:Nice! I got it! thanks Ryu
yep no worries
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah232 Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:32 am

anyone care to explain how i make a weapon looks completely different? i want to change the Alatreon metamorph into a giant iceblock
Elijah232
Elijah232
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:47 am

Elijah232 wrote:anyone care to explain how i make a weapon looks completely different? i want to change the Alatreon metamorph into a giant iceblock
You would need to change the wireframe.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah232 Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:01 am

Oh so this must be a lengthy process then huh?
Elijah232
Elijah232
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:05 am

Elijah232 wrote:Oh so this must be a lengthy process then huh?
Not real lengthy, just hard to get right. Open up '3d models' and click on where it says the weapon name. That's there you edit the wireframe.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah232 Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:17 am

alright i've semi-got it, i just need to figure out how to change its appearance.. how does the szs modifier put together the fragmented pieces in the texture part? do i have to make the new appearance split up too or do i just put the pieces in and it automatically puts them together?
Elijah232
Elijah232
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:22 am

Elijah232 wrote:alright i've semi-got it, i just need to figure out how to change its appearance.. how does the szs modifier put together the fragmented pieces in the texture part? do i have to make the new appearance split up too or do i just put the pieces in and it automatically puts them together?
It automatically sticks the seperate polygons together. You left click and hold to move the image around, right click and hold to flip it around. You can go into wireframe mode and change the shape by grabbing the lines and pulling them. Forget which setting you do this with, pinch or grab. Not too complicated.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah232 Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:29 am

ok, thanks for being such a big help Ryu
Elijah232
Elijah232
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:31 am

Elijah232 wrote:ok, thanks for being such a big help Ryu
np
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by niartyzarC Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:01 am

I can't get my computer to display the models. I've tried installing some things that seemed like they would help, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
niartyzarC
niartyzarC
G Rank Hunter
G Rank Hunter

Zenny : 286

MH3 Online Info
City: It's over 9000!
Room Availability:
Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Left_bar_bleue9651/9651Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Empty_bar_bleue  (9651/9651)

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:03 am

niartyzarC wrote:I can't get my computer to display the models. I've tried installing some things that seemed like they would help, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Not sure what you mean exactly...You can't open the brres files?
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by AsteriskRocks Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:05 am

ryurei wrote:
niartyzarC wrote:I can't get my computer to display the models. I've tried installing some things that seemed like they would help, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Not sure what you mean exactly...You can't open the brres files?

I think he's saying that the 3D models aren't displaying in the viewer.
AsteriskRocks
AsteriskRocks
Admin
Admin

Zenny : 514
Weapon of Choice : Sword & Shield

MH3 Online Info
City: 4
Room Availability:
Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Left_bar_bleue3/4Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:24 am

Sorry windows just updated, impeccable timing as usual lol.

Anyway, the 3d viewer only functions with certain texture types, I'll break it down real quick.

Viewable: Most (if not all) weapons, all armor pieces except for chests (though the arms and legs look kinda weird), minions, cha cha (and probably the pig as well), most (if not all) monster attacks, and I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure you can view in-game characters (guild clerks and such.)

As far as I know, none of the boss monsters are viewable and for whatever reason chest pieces aren't either. So if you're attempting to view these frames, doing so with SZS isn't the way.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by niartyzarC Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Ok, thanks. I was trying to view bosses, but I tried to view a weapon before coming here and got it to work. Any tips on viewing bosses and chest pieces, or am I just not going to do anything with that?
niartyzarC
niartyzarC
G Rank Hunter
G Rank Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:
Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Left_bar_bleue9651/9651Personal Texture Creation Questions and Answers Empty_bar_bleue  (9651/9651)

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:27 pm

niartyzarC wrote:Ok, thanks. I was trying to view bosses, but I tried to view a weapon before coming here and got it to work. Any tips on viewing bosses and chest pieces, or am I just not going to do anything with that?
It's not possible with SZS as far as I know, try looking for another program.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by niartyzarC Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:01 pm

Yeah, I suspected as much when it failed to work several times. Know of any programs that might actually work?
niartyzarC
niartyzarC
G Rank Hunter
G Rank Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:03 pm

niartyzarC wrote:Yeah, I suspected as much when it failed to work several times. Know of any programs that might actually work?
Scroll to the bottom.
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah232 Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:09 am

Hey i was wondering if someone could give me the files for the Helios and Bnahambara sets and i also wanted to know how i roatate the models while Messing with the wire frame on armors. every time iswitch from pan to pinch it puts the model back in its original position
Elijah232
Elijah232
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down