The Tavern
Hello, Guest

The Tri servers may be closed, but you can still use this place as a hangout, or to set up hunting parties with MH3U players.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Tavern
Hello, Guest

The Tri servers may be closed, but you can still use this place as a hangout, or to set up hunting parties with MH3U players.
The Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S&S: TFG

+8
bakuchick
Zairak
niartyzarC
Kristia
ZX Forte
Zariu
Trebay57
GhostApples
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

S&S: TFG Empty S&S: TFG

Post by GhostApples Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:29 pm

1) No sexual-based imagery, wordplay, discussion, or otherwise tomfoolery shall be present at any point in this game, as set by the forum game section rules of ygotas.

2) It is the duty of the player to know and understand the rules and special rules upon signup. Nothing that is set as a rule may be questioned except in recoil, and neither the players or the gm shall enforce rules that do not exist. Everyone is held to the same rules.

3) The gm may edit all of the following rules (unless otherwise specified) as they see fit for the round that they are gming over:

4) Discussion over rulings is allowed. However, excessively posting your opinion, depending on the gm, may result in wrath of the gm being enforced.

4a) “Wrath of the gm” refers to a wide host of abilities the gm has to make your gameplay harder than it needs to be. This includes damage, instant-death, or any other jackassery the gm thinks up. The gm can't do overtly stupid or jerkass things for no reason.

5) The default rules for actioning are as such:
5a) The gm of the round shall decide whether players are allowed to action for other players and what rules are applicable for this. The default rule is that players are not allowed to action for other players under any situation, and players that are absent may pm the gm beforehand to waive sleeper damage. This will not prevent other players from attacking and killing you. You may also set up a predetermined set of actions for the following turns in case you are absent.
5b) Sleeper damage refers to damage that is applied to players who do not action for a prolonged period of time.
5c) “Action” refers to the act of doing something for the turn using your character. Normal actions are posted on the thread, whereas secret attacks are pm’d to the gm.
5d)“Secret” attacks, otherwise referred to as “Pm actions” are actions that are sent through pm. These follow the same rules as normal actions, but are done in secret, as they are not posted by the player on the thread.

6) The default rules concerning abilities and weapons are as such:
a) Players are allowed one ability per round.
b) Equipments are exceptions to this rule, and players may have a weapon with an ability in addition to their normal ability. However, even equipments cannot have more than one ability intrinsically.
c) Players may have one piece of equipment on at any given time. This includes ability-created weapons.
d) Players may not have the same ability as anyone else. This includes equipment and powers, and players may not have an equipment that contains the same ability as either their own or someone else’s power. This is first-come-first-served.

7) The default rules for stealing are as such:
a) Stealing is allowed, but is subject to situation. For example, someone with a power or weapon whose ability is specifically to steal someone’s power and use it for themselves for a turn is capable of stealing a power, whereas others may not be able to do something like this.
b) The default chance for successfully stealing a piece of equipment is 10%. As rule 6c stipulates, however, you must either be unarmed or immediately drop that piece of equipment upon stealing it should you have your own piece of equipment currently equipped.
c) The default chance for stealing a capsule is 20% if you specify the target and type of capsule and 10% if you do not.
d) These default chances may be affected by powers and weapons. The gm is to decide whether these warrant an increase or decrease in effectiveness.
e) The default rules for stealing from dead bodies are as such:
e.a) Capsules may not be looted from a dead body.
e.b) Equipment items may be looted from a dead body.
e.c) Non-equipment items and non-capsule items may be looted from a dead body.

8 ) The default rules for damage are as such:
8a) Unarmed attacks: 10 to 15 HP
8b) Equipment attacks: 15 to 25 HP
8c) Power-based attacks: 20 to 40 HP
8d) Ranged attacks:
8d.a) Equipment attacks: 10 to 20 HP
8d.b) Power-based attacks: 10 to 30 HP
8e) Power capsule attacks:
8e.a) Unarmed attacks: 25 to 40 HP
8e.b) Equipment attacks: 35 to 50 HP
8e.c) Power-based attacks: 50 to 75 HP
8f) Ranged power capsule attacks:
8f.a) Equipment attacks: 25 to 45 HP
8f.b) Power-based attacks: 40 to 60 HP
8g) Suicide attacks: Half of the player’s remaining HP plus normal damage range for that type of attack
8h) Multi-target attacks: Maximum damage is used but split between all those targeted (rounded). Certain attacks must be split evenly, whereas others may be split the way the player wants, with adherence to the damage range set forth. This is all decided by the gm.
8i) Ghost damage: 10 HP
8j) Sleeper damage: 10 HP (A player is subject to sleeper damage at the end of the third turn they do not action)

8k) “Unarmed attacks” refers to attacks using your body that are not aided in any way by any power or equipment abilities. “Equipment attacks” refers to attacks using your equipment that is not aided in any way by any power abilities. “Power-based attacks” refers to attacks using your power in some way. “Suicide Attacks” refers to attacks that exhaust the remainder of the player’s HP to deal supplementary damage. “Ghost damage” refers to damage dealt by a ghost vote.
8k.a) Power-based attacks take precedent over equipment-based attacks in issues of confusion, whereas weapon-based attacks take precedent over unarmed attacks in the same case. Suicide attacks are treated the same as their normal base in terms of precedent.
8.k.b) For example, a regular punch is an unarmed attack. A punch powered by an equipment ability (Such as a cloak of invisibility) or using the equipment directly (such as punching with gauntlets) is an equipment attack. A punch using your power (such as super strength or even teleporting behind them to punch them) is a power-based attack. A punch that uses the rest of your strength to throw is a suicide attack.
8.k.c) Dead players are known as ghosts. Ghosts may vote to do 10 HP of damage upon a single living player. The votes of ghosts are tallied at the end of the turn and the majority decision wins the ghost vote.

8L) For clarification’s sake, players cannot do any form of damage that is not listed here except if the gm’s special rules for the round contradict this. For example, the GM may institute a measure for fall damage, or status effect damage, or other things like that.

9) The default rules for health and healing are as such:
9a) Players start with 100 HP.
9b) Healing is not allowed except by means of a healing capsule or healing capsules.

10) The default rules for capsules are as such:
10a) The four types of capsules are power capsules, invincibility capsules, healing capsules, and life capsules.
10b) The effects of capsules disappear after one turn.
10c) Power capsules can be exhausted through non-damaging means. The extent of those means is impossible to determine in rules, and thus the gm decides at what point a power capsule cannot be used to further power a specified action. If it is impossible to do a specific action with a power capsule, the gm must alert the player as to this with time enough to change their action.
10d) An invincibility capsule nullifies damage to the player it’s used on for one turn.
10e) A healing capsule heals the player it is used on by 50 HP.
10f) Life capsules can only be given to ghosts. A life capsule revives that player and gives them 50 HP. Only one is given out per round and must be given out every round.
10g) The gm will give out 2 capsules every turn until everyone has one. At the end of the turn over half the players die, a player will receive a life capsule. Following that, every turn, 1 capsule will be given out every turn until the end of the round.
10h) Capsules may be used on players other than yourself.
10i) Capsules may be split between players. If one is split between players, its efficacy drops depending on the number of players it’s used on. For example, if a power capsule is used on a player, its damage range is 50 to 75. If it’s used between two players, then their combined damage can’t exceed 50 to 75 HP. For a healing capsule, it will do 25 HP between those two players, and an invincibility capsule will only cut damage in half for both of them for that turn. Life capsules can’t be split between two players.
10j) Capsules do not need to be used in the same turn they’re given. Furthermore, they are not used unless specified by its player to use it. This means healing capsules, for example, won’t activate upon death.
10k) Capsules, when their use is declared, are used automatically, regardless of the physical ability for a player to do so, as long as it is on their person. This is only a default rule, and I personally suggest it be given special attention by gms for editing.

11) The gm must create a turn schedule that they stick to. If there is some reason that they will be absent for a regularly-scheduled update, they must alert the player base to this ahead of time. If they take too long, their round may be interrupted or abruptly ended depending on the will of the player base.

12) If a player is a big enough nuisance to a gm, the gm may prevent that player from signing up to their rounds for one round, two rounds, from then on-in, etc. They are not allowed to permanently blacklist that player from all rounds. However, if a player acts out in a round and a future gm does not want that to happen in their round, they are allowed to prevent that player from signing up to their rounds under the same rules.

13) The rules for signups are as such (These rules cannot be edited by the gm):
13a) The gm is to determine the length of signups, as well as the situation by which they will end.
13b) You are responsible to look at your signup description to determine whether it is as you want. Once the round starts, neither the gm nor the player are allowed to change their power or anyone else‘s. If a gm attempts to change a power, the player must accept this change once the gm‘s final decision has been reached. However, they are allowed to contest this change privately. If they make themselves too much of a nuisance, the gm will be allowed to enact wrath of the gm.

14) No living player can control the ghost vote. No living player can nullify it except by means of an invincibility capsule.

15) The default rules for status effects are as such:
15a) As previously stated, status effects cannot do damage unless the gm decides to allow it by a special rule.
15b) Before the round begins, you must make very clear what status effects your ability possibly affords you to inflict either on yourself or others.
15c) “Status effects” are defined as any abnormal treatment of a player’s normal state. For example, while being hit by fire is not a status effect, the act of being on fire is a status effect.

16) The rules about priority are as thus:
16a) "Priority" is defined as the process of determining which action goes first in a series.
16b) The default rule for priority is that it is by the logical order of actions by the characters' individual speed.

17) It is the gm's responsibility to come up with a map for a round. This rule cannot be changed.

18) Another default rule: A gm can't redo a turn's results unless an action or aspect of a power/equipment was missed or because their calculations were off. A gm can't redo a turn simply because a player complains that their action didn't do as much as they wanted. This should be common sense, but should be stated anyway in case a gm is, for lack of a better word, 'weak'.

19) Another default rule: "The entirety of actions a player is capable of doing in a turn"
19a) A player is given 2 "Action Points" every turn.
19b) A player is allowed one of three types of actions: Movement, attack, non-attack.
19c) Movement is defined by any action that moves a player from one room to another. By default a single action point is used when they move from one room to one directly adjacent.
19d) Attack is defined by any action that is intended to do damage to a player, oneself, an npc, an object, or anything else in-game. One action point is used up when an attack is launched by a player, or if in the turn's results the player attempts to launch an attack. This does not include defending. Note that an attack can only hit up to one room away based on logic, unless an equipment or power specifies that it can hit more than one room away.
19e) Non-attack is defined as any action that is neither classified as movement or attack. A single action point is used up when a single non-attack action is attempted. This can include healing, defending, playing solitaire, or other such things. This does NOT include capsule-use.

Note: “Summoner” is a curious power. It allows you to summon multiple beings or a single one. With multiple beings, you run the risk of giving them each a power, and thus by proxy have multiple powers. With a single one, you run the risk of that summon dying and the summoner becoming useless. There are many fixes to this which revolve around limitation. If someone signs up with the power of summoner, the gm must apply whatever limitation they see as fair. It is both up to players and the gm to find a way to limit this power depending on the abilities present that round. If the gm feels it is balanced, then whatever that gm decides regarding its use is allowed. This goes for any other overpowered powers as well: The gm must limit them so as to have the same general level of efficacy as other powers present in the round. Any powers that break the rules outright will be placed in the ‘banned powers’ list.

Note 2: Healing is a fickle power, and widely untested. If you choose to allow it as a power, then be cautious about its implementation. This also applies to powers that decrease damage on oneself.

Note 3: Players can freely make up special rules in the group to be applied if they choose to gm a round. “Special rules” refers to any rule the current gm wishes to add to the rules for that round or any changes to the default rules of the game for that round.

Note 4: The gm should make an attempt to balance the powers in the round before the round starts.

Note 5: Notes are not official rules, just suggestions and, well, notes.

Last edited by GhostApples on Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
GhostApples
GhostApples
Game Master
Game Master

Zenny : 72
Weapon of Choice : Lance

MH3 Online Info
City: I'M NOT A HACKER, DON'T BAN ME
Room Availability:
S&S: TFG Left_bar_bleue0/0S&S: TFG Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

S&S: TFG Empty Re: S&S: TFG

Post by GhostApples Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Player List:
1) Trebay57 (Hulk)

2) Kristia (Izayoi)

3) Crazytrainbackwards (Human Torch)

4) Zairak (Uncle Badtouch)

5) Zaza (Jimmy Neutron)

6) bakubaku (Magellan)

7) Ebil (Saleh, possibly also Wind Waker Link)

8 ) jago (Random H-game Villain)

9) Asterisk (Diavolo)

10) Shyguysays (Nightcrawler)

Last edited by GhostApples on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
GhostApples
GhostApples
Game Master
Game Master

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostApples Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Hall of Fame:
1) N/A
GhostApples
GhostApples
Game Master
Game Master

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostApples Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Banned Powers List:

Special Rules Repository:
GhostApples
GhostApples
Game Master
Game Master

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostApples Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:34 pm

This is a battle forum game. In this forum game, you'll sign up with a "power", such as fire manipulation.

Using control over fire as an example, a turn would go like this:

I post in the thread "I want to shoot a ball of fire at ApplesGhost"

ApplesGhost decides to evade it and throw a ninja star back at me.

The GM takes both actions into consideration, and when results are written, write out something like "GhostApples fires a blast of fire at ApplesGhost. ApplesGhost attempts to dodge, but their right side is singed anyway, giving them X amount of damage. However, they manage to get off a ninja star, cutting into GhostApples and doing X damage back."

The goal is to be the last one standing.
GhostApples
GhostApples
Game Master
Game Master

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostApples Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:35 pm

I'll be gming this round.

Special rules:
1) When signing up, state whether you're a Hero or Villain in addition to your chosen power.
2) Don't make your power overly complicated.

Signups start.
GhostApples
GhostApples
Game Master
Game Master

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebay57 Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:13 pm

I'll sign up as the Gamma Crusher himself, the Incredible Hulk. The Hulk only has one mission, to SMASH THE PUNY HEROES, BECAUSE THEY WON'T LEAVE HULK ALONE! (I'm a villain.)

After talking with you, the GM, this was the build I have in mind.

1. "Super Strength". All of my attacks will be of super strength with a bonus to damage of an extra 1 point per turn (meaning turn one 1 extra damage, turn two 2 extra damage)

2. "Cell Regeneration". The Hulk will gain a health regeneration in the form of a one-time boost of 5 HP every time his health falls 1/3 of his maximum health.

3. "Getting Angry" The Hulk has a three notch gauge that fills up every time the Hulk is hit with an unarmed attack. One notch lets him deal an additional 5 points of damage on his next attack, the second lets him deal 10, and a full bar lets him deal a whopping 20 additional points of damage.

Trebay57
Trebay57

Zenny : 76
Weapon of Choice : Hammer

MH3 Online Info
City: None (Offline)
Room Availability:
S&S: TFG Left_bar_bleue0/4S&S: TFG Empty_bar_bleue  (0/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zariu Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:25 pm

I sign up but I am undecided on a power yet
Zariu
Zariu
Ambitious Hunter
Ambitious Hunter

Zenny : 178
Weapon of Choice : Sword & Shield

MH3 Online Info
City: none
Room Availability:
S&S: TFG Left_bar_bleue21/210S&S: TFG Empty_bar_bleue  (21/210)

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX Forte Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:27 pm

toooooo many rules!!

i wont join in
ZX Forte
ZX Forte
G Rank Hunter
G Rank Hunter

Zenny : 281
Weapon of Choice : Great Sword

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/david.williams.73550

Back to top Go down

Post by Zariu Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:38 pm

ZX Forte wrote:toooooo many rules!!

i wont join in

lol, you want to know what it really boils down to? pick a superpower and have the gm agree to it, then fight other players with it. Reason there are so many rules is mainly for GM clarity. But if you don't want to play it is cool XD

oh, and you get a weapon
Zariu
Zariu
Ambitious Hunter
Ambitious Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristia Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:54 pm

I´ll try no matter how confused i read it

I Sign up as the fast assasin maid

Powers:

+Time stop with my pocketwatch
+Fast regeneration thanks to the time stop

Weapons

my knives with paralyzing, poison and sleeping effects
Kristia
Kristia
Ultimate Hunter
Ultimate Hunter

Zenny : 435

MH3 Online Info
City: 7
Room Availability:
S&S: TFG Left_bar_bleue3/4S&S: TFG Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by niartyzarC Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:34 am

I'll join as the human torch. I am one of the good guys. I control fire (obviously.) All of my attacks have a chance of burning or even setting the target on fire. I also fly and other Human Torch stuff.

"Burn":

"Ignition":

Last edited by niartyzarC on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
niartyzarC
niartyzarC
G Rank Hunter
G Rank Hunter

Zenny : 286

MH3 Online Info
City: It's over 9000!
Room Availability:
S&S: TFG Left_bar_bleue9651/9651S&S: TFG Empty_bar_bleue  (9651/9651)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zairak Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:30 am

I will sign up.

My power is to, by means of touching objects, connect them regardless of distances. All touched objects will then share the characteristics of all other touched objects and feel the effects of whatever is happening to all other touched objects. Has to be my bare hands and is thereafter active regardless of whether I want it to be.

i.e., if I touch a rock and then put my hand in a pool of water, the surface of the rock that I touched will perpetually be wet. Just for an example.

I cannot use this power directly on other players, though their belongings are another matter.

Equipment: Vorefibre

See link for explanation of equipment.

I guess I'll be a villain. A TRAGIC VILLAIN.

Zairak
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

Zenny : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Zariu Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Alright, my power is going is going to be insane and random

I have the power of hammerspace and may withdraw as many objects as I wish from in my hammerspace. But, what item(s) I have in there are determined by the GM each turn.

oh and I'll be uhh... uhh... which side wants comedy relief? lol I think I'll be a silly villan
Zariu
Zariu
Ambitious Hunter
Ambitious Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by niartyzarC Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Am I the only good guy here, or is Kristia gonna be good?
niartyzarC
niartyzarC
G Rank Hunter
G Rank Hunter

Zenny : 286

MH3 Online Info
City: It's over 9000!
Room Availability:
S&S: TFG Left_bar_bleue9651/9651S&S: TFG Empty_bar_bleue  (9651/9651)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristia Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Im a good one Niarty, don´t worry (unless you betray me)
Kristia
Kristia
Ultimate Hunter
Ultimate Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zairak Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:04 pm

I'm open to having my allegiance changed if required to balance the teams.

Zairak
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

Zenny : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by bakuchick Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:16 am

i sign up. power later
bakuchick
bakuchick
Ambitious Hunter
Ambitious Hunter

Zenny : 147
Weapon of Choice : Medium Bowgun

Back to top Go down

Post by bakuchick Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:58 pm

My.power:

Poison Generation
Ability to assault others with one or more varieties of toxins, with widely disparate effects.

"Toxins":

Equipment: A whip and a crossbow

bakuchick
bakuchick
Ambitious Hunter
Ambitious Hunter

Zenny : 147

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebilfluffykitty Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:48 pm

I'll sign up

Basing my powers off of Saleh from Tales of Rebirth. Because...he's a purple haired maniac~

Power: Force of Storm. I can manipulate wind and create whirlwinds as well as making opponents immobile (but only briefly). Also can use wind spells

"Spells":

"Mystic Arte":

Equipment: Rapier

Edit: OF course i'm going to be a villain :U
Ebilfluffykitty
Ebilfluffykitty
Savvy Hunter
Savvy Hunter

Zenny : 73

MH3 Online Info
City: None (Offline)
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristia Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Wow.. I feel I like a novice here X)
Kristia
Kristia
Ultimate Hunter
Ultimate Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by jago Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:33 pm

ill sign up

Power :Psychic nullification

i cancel other people power by make them forget they had it or how to use it
jago
jago
G Rank Hunter
G Rank Hunter

Zenny : 86

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by AsteriskRocks Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:52 pm

Zairak wrote:I'm open to having my allegiance changed if required to balance the teams.

This.

I sign up with My Stand: King Crimson

Spoiler:
AsteriskRocks
AsteriskRocks
Admin
Admin

Zenny : 514

MH3 Online Info
City: 4
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zariu Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Kristia wrote:Wow.. I feel I like a novice here X)
lol, don't worry about it... you are XD but you will learn as you go... as for me... I like doing insane things XD
Zariu
Zariu
Ambitious Hunter
Ambitious Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristia Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:12 pm

Zariu wrote:lol, don't worry about it... you are XD but you will learn as you go... as for me... I like doing insane things XD

Well, do a triple frontflip with a cheetah!!
Kristia
Kristia
Ultimate Hunter
Ultimate Hunter

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum