The Tavern
Hello, Guest

The Tri servers may be closed, but you can still use this place as a hangout, or to set up hunting parties with MH3U players.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Tavern
Hello, Guest

The Tri servers may be closed, but you can still use this place as a hangout, or to set up hunting parties with MH3U players.
The Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laptop Overheating Killin Ur Gaming???

Go down

Laptop Overheating Killin Ur Gaming??? Empty Laptop Overheating Killin Ur Gaming???

Post by Lyra Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:48 am

I started having problems wt my laptop overheating last week as some of you know and it was getting so bad.

I was afraid my laptop was gonna die before i got the new cooling tray I have coming on the 27th or 29th.

Lots of ppl told me lots of semi helpful stuff but it was at a point where anytime i got on anything that used the graphics card, my fans would instantly kick on and the laptop would be hot within minutes.

The final straw was a day it shut off once and i let it cool completely down, then i tried my Resort World and it shut off after 3 hours,(i had my little cooling fan directly under the fan area, and my fingers lifting it up till i felt the cool air under the bottom)and after another cooldown and i tried something stupid yet fun, lol Farmville and was only on the introductory level #3 and poof power out. It hadn't even been on 2 hours that time.

So I went looking for answers and found THIS, so I ran to the store the next day and when I looked under the laptop in the vent over the fan the vent had dust caked up in the corners i could see dust on the fan blades...uh-oh...2 min later all was a shiny black and to be on the safe side i let it sit and dry(it didn't need it) and turned it on, needless to say, but i will anyway the fan ran nice and quiet when it did come on and i played Resort World a whopping 4 hours without a shut down and even better, without it getting that hot at all.

So if u have this issue with games give the idea a try....it worked for me, and that guy, and just might be your problem. My laptop is 3 years old and almost always used on a tray or flat surface just like they recommend but the intake means it sucks IN, and dust is everywhere...
Lyra
Lyra
G Rank Hunter
G Rank Hunter

Zenny : 189
Weapon of Choice : Long Sword

MH3 Online Info
City: 1-10 somewhere
Room Availability:
Laptop Overheating Killin Ur Gaming??? Left_bar_bleue4/4Laptop Overheating Killin Ur Gaming??? Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum