The Tavern
Hello, Guest

The Tri servers may be closed, but you can still use this place as a hangout, or to set up hunting parties with MH3U players.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Tavern
Hello, Guest

The Tri servers may be closed, but you can still use this place as a hangout, or to set up hunting parties with MH3U players.
The Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to monster hunter in general

+3
MHunterHoss
admin
Ell
7 posters

Go down

New to monster hunter in general Empty New to monster hunter in general

Post by Ell Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:01 pm

hey,

I'm new to monster hunter tri. Just got the game and have been hunting, was looking for how to get waterblock seeds online when i heard about this and after looking at this and that, thought it was cool. Just wondering about a few things.

Should i actually play the original or just jump into this? still level 1 but ive got the whole thing down allready.

Id love to get in and start hunting with people but i dont really want to jump the gun.

well yeh, what do you guys think

Ell
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

Zenny : 0

Back to top Go down

New to monster hunter in general Empty Re: New to monster hunter in general

Post by admin Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:24 pm

To reduce the risk of getting banned, as well as to be able to play all of the custom quests, you'll need a hunter at rank 51.

So just play the original game.

admin
Admin
Admin

Zenny : 189
Weapon of Choice : Great Sword

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:
New to monster hunter in general Left_bar_bleue0/0New to monster hunter in general Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

https://the-tavern.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MHunterHoss Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Definitely stick to the normal game. Compared to other "mainstream" games out there, Tri is a tough one. And not to be blunt, but you don't have the whole thing down already. It's impossible. The learning curve is pretty steep. So I'll give you the standard suggestion to new players, and say that you should definitely play offline until you beat Barroth. This is mainly so that you learn combat and how items work. Then you can go online and throw other hunters into the mix.

Bottom line: Start with the villiage, beat at least Barroth, then get to Hr 51 online.
MHunterHoss
MHunterHoss
Veteran Hunter
Veteran Hunter

Zenny : 498
Weapon of Choice : Heavy Bowgun
Awards : New to monster hunter in general Award110

MH3 Online Info
City: None (Offline)
Room Availability:
New to monster hunter in general Left_bar_bleue0/0New to monster hunter in general Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MHunterHoss

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:46 pm

Yeah, i totally agree with them, i'm HR 426, and have been playing 3 years pretty much daily until rencently, and I had my 1st player at HR 116 and scrapped him and started over summer of 2011, then i started putting in 8+ hrs a day and didn't really start LEARNING the game till I met some super friends who taught me alot, then I had a so-called mentor who taught me lots for about 3 months, and I'm still finding out new things on a fairly regular basis...and I'm not one of those super players who reads everything online, or watches vids constantly to be the best.

This is a game where u may be able to kill things easily, but to know the game takes TIME, plus you do want to be ready for all the new stuff coming out in the next version of UMH, lol

but mostly HAVE FUN!!!!! it's a great game, and there are some really nice people you will meet, btw.....

Hi! and welcome to the forum and to Monster Hunter Very Happy
Lyra
Lyra
G Rank Hunter
G Rank Hunter

Zenny : 189
Weapon of Choice : Long Sword

MH3 Online Info
City: 1-10 somewhere
Room Availability:
New to monster hunter in general Left_bar_bleue4/4New to monster hunter in general Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Surigaki Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:34 am

I would be happy to help you achieve hr51, as i am hr999,im not a super hunter either,but i can offer assistance, aid and knowledge if you'd like,drop me a line if your interested.

Surigaki
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

Zenny : 29
Weapon of Choice : Great Sword

MH3 Online Info
City: Greed 4,anywhere in the city
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebay57 Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:18 pm

Use the hammer, bro. You will learn everything you need to know about the game with that weapon alone. You don't need no damn block. All you need is stun. Stun, barrel rolls, and fucking ambition.
Trebay57
Trebay57

Zenny : 76
Weapon of Choice : Hammer

MH3 Online Info
City: None (Offline)
Room Availability:
New to monster hunter in general Left_bar_bleue0/4New to monster hunter in general Empty_bar_bleue  (0/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristia Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Or try getting a status weapon, killing your way to a paralyzed monster or slowly weaking them with the poison weapons is a really nice strategy
Kristia
Kristia
Ultimate Hunter
Ultimate Hunter

Zenny : 435
Weapon of Choice : Sword & Shield

MH3 Online Info
City: 7
Room Availability:
New to monster hunter in general Left_bar_bleue3/4New to monster hunter in general Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down