The Tavern
Hello, Guest

The Tri servers may be closed, but you can still use this place as a hangout, or to set up hunting parties with MH3U players.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Tavern
Hello, Guest

The Tri servers may be closed, but you can still use this place as a hangout, or to set up hunting parties with MH3U players.
The Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

an introduction + questions

+3
Trebay57
AsteriskRocks
akaciparaci
7 posters

Go down

an introduction + questions Empty an introduction + questions

Post by akaciparaci Wed May 30, 2012 7:11 am

hi all, just recently saw the latest CQ showcase, and found out there is a forum for CQers, so here i am

my hunter name is Inem, and i've also been enjoying custom questing with several of my friends
haven't tested the ultimate, but planning to

i have a question though, if i have ultimate on, can i still go out questing with other hunters who are playing the vanilla version?
i can do that with the last CQ, limited to hr31 above quests
also, can i still go questing with my friends who haven't get the ultimate, but have the last CQ?

thanks in advance, and nice meeting you all

akaciparaci
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

Zenny : 5

Back to top Go down

an introduction + questions Empty Re: an introduction + questions

Post by AsteriskRocks Wed May 30, 2012 7:44 am

akaciparaci wrote:hi all, just recently saw the latest CQ showcase, and found out there is a forum for CQers, so here i am

my hunter name is Inem, and i've also been enjoying custom questing with several of my friends
haven't tested the ultimate, but planning to

i have a question though, if i have ultimate on, can i still go out questing with other hunters who are playing the vanilla version?
i can do that with the last CQ, limited to hr31 above quests
also, can i still go questing with my friends who haven't get the ultimate, but have the last CQ?

thanks in advance, and nice meeting you all

Welcome, Akaciparaci.

If you have Ultimate, it might create issues with Vanilla players, but you have the option of custom questing without G Rank on to solve this problem.

AsteriskRocks
AsteriskRocks
Admin
Admin

Zenny : 514
Weapon of Choice : Sword & Shield

MH3 Online Info
City: 4
Room Availability:
an introduction + questions Left_bar_bleue3/4an introduction + questions Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by akaciparaci Wed May 30, 2012 7:46 am

what is G rank exactly?
this is my first MH, so i'm not familiar with that term
i'm playing from loader, since my lens is already dead, so once i modify my game, it would be quite a chore to switch back to vanilla, in my case i don't have the on/off switch

akaciparaci
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by AsteriskRocks Wed May 30, 2012 7:58 am

G Rank is a the highest difficulty in Monster Hunter games. They can also be extremely challenging without G Rank Armor, which is something I did not include nor do I intend to include to create a higher sense of danger and difficulty like if you just began your first G Hunt with + Armor.

Since you're playing on the loader you're going to have to have two copies of the file:

A Vanilla Version

and

A Custom Quest Version

I am actually working on a public file for people to use in this forum, but I have to make the necessary arrangements for it to work. Though, I highly suggest buying the disk to be able to access 100% of the CQ Pack content because some Weapon Models do not transfer over with manual patching. Since you don't have a working lens, this will be your only way of playing the mode though you need to be able to get USB Loader GX to work for you.
AsteriskRocks
AsteriskRocks
Admin
Admin

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:
an introduction + questions Left_bar_bleue3/4an introduction + questions Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebay57 Wed May 30, 2012 8:11 am

Welcome to the forum. When you're done talking tech with Rocks and finally get G Mode up and running, I'll be more than welcome to show you his handiwork.
Trebay57
Trebay57

Zenny : 76
Weapon of Choice : Hammer

MH3 Online Info
City: None (Offline)
Room Availability:
an introduction + questions Left_bar_bleue0/4an introduction + questions Empty_bar_bleue  (0/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by akaciparaci Wed May 30, 2012 9:22 am

unfortunately i won't be having G mode lol
since the chances i'm custom questing with all of you are rather limited, i prefer to wait for the increase in population, thus increasing my chance to go G rank

akaciparaci
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Saebyuk Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:56 am

Hello Tavern people ^^
i'm Saebyuk (its also my hunter name) and i'm asian. recently im kinda bored with the reguler quests on MH Tri, when a friend of mine suggesting to try a little bit taste of CQ...and now i'm addicted T.T (i'm cursing him for his sweetest treat introducing me to CQ)

well, i dunno where i should introducing my self, so im posting here (hope akaciparaci dont mind at all ^^) since its a new things for me to joining some groups, i just want to have friends as much as i can ^^ (cuz i found it hard to meet player with activated CQ).

Since Ultimate MH3 looks promising, i'll try to upgrading my versions. wish me luck ^^ and i hope we could be a good friends at the future ^^

and..my question is:
"do the Tavern People have the permanent residences when they were online? so i could search what city as the homebase since we have different timezone, and i couldnt open this forum 7x24 to see who's online at the time."

PS: since im an asian, my apology if my writings far from perfection. nice to meet u all ^^

Saebyuk
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

Zenny : 1
Weapon of Choice : Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Alemossa Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:43 am

Welcome Saebyuk, i am glad to see our ranks are increasing quick. Well we usually try to be in Greed 4, gate 4, but it will depend of the people who are questing at that moment, so you better look at the forum chat to see what is going on.

On the other hand Asterisk, i successful replaced all weapons textures without error. Just used wiiscruber for the ones that are higher in size, and then trucha sign the partition afterwards. Well thats just my experience, so letting you guys know you can play G-Rank safely with Usb Loader GX.
Alemossa
Alemossa
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

Zenny : 46

MH3 Online Info
City: Offline
Room Availability:
an introduction + questions Left_bar_bleue0/4an introduction + questions Empty_bar_bleue  (0/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by AsteriskRocks Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Alemossa wrote:Welcome Saebyuk, i am glad to see our ranks are increasing quick. Well we usually try to be in Greed 4, gate 4, but it will depend of the people who are questing at that moment, so you better look at the forum chat to see what is going on.

On the other hand Asterisk, i successful replaced all weapons textures without error. Just used wiiscruber for the ones that are higher in size, and then trucha sign the partition afterwards. Well thats just my experience, so letting you guys know you can play G-Rank safely with Usb Loader GX.

Can you name those files with issues?
AsteriskRocks
AsteriskRocks
Admin
Admin

MH3 Online Info
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by MHunterHoss Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:00 pm

Welcome, akaciparaci and Saebyuk!
MHunterHoss
MHunterHoss
Veteran Hunter
Veteran Hunter

Zenny : 498
Weapon of Choice : Heavy Bowgun
Awards : an introduction + questions Award110

MH3 Online Info
City: None (Offline)
Room Availability:
an introduction + questions Left_bar_bleue0/0an introduction + questions Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MHunterHoss

Back to top Go down

Post by DevilNox Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:21 am

Greetings Konnichiwa y Saludos.
DevilNox
DevilNox
Ambitious Hunter
Ambitious Hunter

Zenny : 28
Weapon of Choice : Switch Axe

MH3 Online Info
City: Recruiting 4 Gate 4
Room Availability:
an introduction + questions Left_bar_bleue0/0an introduction + questions Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down