The Tavern
Hello, Guest

The Tri servers may be closed, but you can still use this place as a hangout, or to set up hunting parties with MH3U players.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Tavern
Hello, Guest

The Tri servers may be closed, but you can still use this place as a hangout, or to set up hunting parties with MH3U players.
The Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Favorites

+4
Trebay57
niartyzarC
AsteriskRocks
Sound Wave
8 posters

Go down

Top Favorites Empty Top Favorites

Post by Sound Wave Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:18 am

Now that I'm back from my busy two weeks. I wanted to make this topic to see what peoples favorites are (could be anything) I would like to start with your top 5 most loved video games please put some thought into the list. Very Happy

Oh and also give each pick a reason (paragraph, brief sentence, words, etc just to give some backbone to why you chose it)
Sound Wave
Sound Wave
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

Zenny : 35
Weapon of Choice : Lance

MH3 Online Info
City: Offline
Room Availability:
Top Favorites Left_bar_bleue0/4Top Favorites Empty_bar_bleue  (0/4)

Back to top Go down

Top Favorites Empty Re: Top Favorites

Post by AsteriskRocks Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:34 am

1) Smash Bros. Series - Nintendo's cross-over fighter that holds a place in my childhood, introduced me to an obscure character (Ness).

2) Mother 3 - The sequel to Earthbound. For a simple RPG, it's story kept me involved and playing till the end. It's not just the story, but the characters, and presentation of the game.

3) Earthbound - It's quirky story and RPG mechanics, and ideas make it a time-less as you wouldn't believe this game had come out in the 90s.

4) LoZ: Majora's Mask - A Zelda with more character development than any other, it's eerie setting, timed events, and other gameplay elements make this one of my favorites.

5) Portal - Best spent 2 hours of my life.

AsteriskRocks
AsteriskRocks
Admin
Admin

Zenny : 514
Weapon of Choice : Sword & Shield

MH3 Online Info
City: 4
Room Availability:
Top Favorites Left_bar_bleue3/4Top Favorites Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by niartyzarC Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:42 am

1: The Legend of Dragoon. I got it 10ish years ago, and fell in love with the battle system, the music, and the story. The battle system was mostly standard, but had a great twist called additions. Basically, you choose a target to attack, but instead of getting only one hit, you could try for multiple by timing a button press with an on screen cue. And each character had several unique additions. I suggest you get this game if you want to know more.

2: Majora's Mask. I loved how they gave every mask a purpose. The 3 day limit allowed them to do some awesome stuff with the character's schedules too. And each of Link's forms had it's own combat style as well. This game is overall awesome.

3: Skyward Sword. One of my favorite aspects of this game was the flying. Soaring through the sky on my loftwing was so enjoyable. The combat was also well done.

4: Star Wars: Knits of the Old Republic. I love a good RPG. This was the first one I ever played that had totally customizable stats and abilities.

5: Mario Kart. I enjoy non realistic racers a lot. This is one of the funnest ones I've played.

Last edited by niartyzarC on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
niartyzarC
niartyzarC
G Rank Hunter
G Rank Hunter

Zenny : 286
Weapon of Choice : Hammer

MH3 Online Info
City: It's over 9000!
Room Availability:
Top Favorites Left_bar_bleue9651/9651Top Favorites Empty_bar_bleue  (9651/9651)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebay57 Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:55 am

1. Mario Kart (series) - I love this series to death. It's epic beyond words, even after they put blue shells in from Mario Kart 64 onward. The races are action packed, most of the tracks are awesome, and that feeling of finishing Rainbow Road in first place without falling off even once just makes you cry manly tears. If you haven't gotten into this series yet, do so immediately. You won't regret it... for the most part, anyway.

2. Ape Escape - There's just something about this game that stands out above all the others. It was like Super Mario 64, yet more fun in the sense that you had to all kinds of different gadgets at your disposal to help you get those monkeys. And the controls were fantastic.

3. Super Smash Bros. (Series) - Pretty much what Rocks said. It helped me transition over from being a Mario fan to a Bowser fan.

4. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - This game really captured the feel of going on an adventure. The battle system was superb, and this was the only game where I felt like they really incorporated the Mario Bros team dynamic the best. Those bros attacks were mad stylish, and the story? My god, brilliant story.

5. Mario & Luigi 3: Bowser's Inside Story - By far the best representation of Bowser I have seen yet. The game was good, the music was great, and the dialogue and storyline was awesome. Punching shit in the face with awesome timing, beating the crap out of castles in giant form, and finally triumphing over a dark version of yourself to save your castle and your kingdom from being taken over was what made this game quite possibly the best game with Bowser in it. Period. If you hate Bowser, or don't even remotely like him, you owe it to yourself to play this game. It'll change your opinion of him. Trust me.
Trebay57
Trebay57

Zenny : 76
Weapon of Choice : Hammer

MH3 Online Info
City: None (Offline)
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryurei Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:35 am

No More heroes 1&2: Favourite games of all time. The fighting mechanic is perfect, the art style is gorgeous and all the characters are hilarious and psychotic simultaneously at all times. "Everybody handles grief differently. Some people fuck at funerals, I cut off heads." Need I say more?

Street Fighter Alpha 2: I love the entire series but this will always be my favourite SF game for 3 reasons. 1, it's the game that introduced Sakura, my favourite SF character. 2, it's the game that introduced Guy, my 2nd favourite character. 3, it's the game that introduced Evil Ryu, one of the sickest characters in SF history.

Super Smash Bros: I love all 3 but the 1st one will always be my favourite installment, for lots of reasons but one of the main ones is being able to bitch-slap people with Jigglypuff for the first time in a game. Swear there is nothing more satisfying.

Jump Ultimate Stars: This game just has everything I love; Bleach, Naruto, DBZ, Rurouni Kenshin, Busou Renkin, Yu-Gi-Oh!, D. Gray-Man. All in one fighting game with an awesome combo system and an online server for the NDS. Literally doesn't get better than that.

It's really hard to pick a 5th. MH, Pokemon, Guilty Gear, Mario Kart, BlazBlue, Samurai Shodown. I would have to say MH though since it's been such a big part of my life and each game is better than the last =)
ryurei
ryurei
Dauntless Hunter
Dauntless Hunter

Zenny : 198
Weapon of Choice : Long Sword

MH3 Online Info
City: Netflix
Room Availability:
Top Favorites Left_bar_bleue4/4Top Favorites Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/mhtriryurei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Wave Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:00 pm

This topic to me is like have the choice to decide who lives and dies during the apocalypse. I have a really big archive of games going back from the 80s so this list can get updated at some point

1. StarFox 64 - This game to me was the epitome of arcade design for its time it did so many things right giving the player total control during "all range mode", different types of vehicles, awesome sound effects with awesome music, the rumble edition just added. Yes it was short but it was all to sweet and easily re playable, it was also pretty challenging with a hidden story most players didn't find.

2. Vanquish - Okay seriously this game was freaking crazy its hard to boil it down in a few lines of text but all i can say about this is that it trades music, sound, story for pure gameplay and visuals. This is a proper third person shooter the game i so awaited (screw gears and uncharted) its also got great level design

3. Ultimate Spider-man - I really love the amazing Spider-man comics (616 Spider-man) but recently the stories are pretty crappy the latest issue is "Ends of Earth" and if that's anything its decent, Ultimate Spider-man however that is the shit and the only thing keeping Spider-man alive (minus the movies) in this game you do everything Spider-man is known for web slinging (swinging) through the big city of new york, taking down tough opponents and becoming one with the Symbiote as venom its a bit shorted then the previous game but still holds up as a true Comic book video game.

4. Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance - This 2004 remake of sons of liberty was really nothing special most people say mgs2 was the worst in the series (considering all 4 games are top quality) but for me its the best. It had crazy level design the type you wouldn't find anywhere else, VR missions extend the time you have with it, Snake tales is a testament to true stealth espionage this game also has one of the most convoluted stories in video game history and it a big part of the entire metal gear saga.

5. Megaman X/ Maverick Hunter X - this was the rated T version of Megaman it changed and added so many things to the original formula such as wall kicking and weapon charging, it also added armor parts and different abilities other then weapons. It also has a pretty deep story for a Megaman game unfortunately this game was on the short side. Maverick Hunter X is the psp remake of the game but i cant decide which is better Razz

Other games (trust me it hurt me to leave these out)
Super smash bros melee/brawl, Devil May Cry 3 special edition, Disgaea 3, Jak and Daxter the precursor legacy, Goldeneye 64, Chrono trigger, Donkey Kong Country 2 Diddys quest, Metroid fusion, Ratchet and clank going commando, Dark Souls, Monster hunter tri, Spider-man ps1, Paper Mario, Browser's inside story, Spyro 2 Riptos rage, Street fighter third strike, Ape escape, The Legend of Zelda Majora's mask.
Sound Wave
Sound Wave
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Hunter

Zenny : 35
Weapon of Choice : Lance

MH3 Online Info
City: Offline
Room Availability:

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX Forte Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:12 pm

1: Pokemon (All of them) - grew up on it

2: Dynasty Warriors (Strikeforce and 7) - love the storyline (since it's based of of actual history)

3: .Hack// (I.M.O.Q. G.U. Link) - grew up on it

4: Megaman (Zero, ZX, Starforce and Battle Network series) - grew up on it

5: Monster Hunter (Freedom 2, Unite and Tri (Ultimate Tri as well)) - Ave showed me it and i liked it so i started playing and also, i love dragons

Not in order though

EDIT: 6: Kingdom Hearts (All, since ive played them all) and im adding this even though its supposed to be 5 but deal with it.

Last edited by ZX Forte on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZX Forte
ZX Forte
G Rank Hunter
G Rank Hunter

Zenny : 281
Weapon of Choice : Great Sword

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/david.williams.73550

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Super Smash Bros. Series - A Nintendo fan's dream come true, really.

Kingdom Hearts Series - Successfully mixed familiar characters, a deep storyline, and addictive hack-and-slash gameplay.

Pokémon Series - Basically represents my childhood.

Diddy Kong Racing (N64 version) - Easily my most favourite racing game. Even though the courses are pretty short, the designs, background music, etc, everything just comes together perfectly.

Super Mario Galaxy (1 & 2) - These games are art. I really don't know what else to say without writing a wall of text.

admin
Admin
Admin

Zenny : 189
Weapon of Choice : Great Sword

MH3 Online Info
City:
Room Availability:
Top Favorites Left_bar_bleue0/0Top Favorites Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

https://the-tavern.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Meez Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:00 pm

But but.. It is really tedious to write a paragraph.

anyway. In no real order

1- Legends of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Easily one of the best games I have ever played.

2- Portal 2. I picked it up recently and I am not even done with it. But the mastery of the source engine and the beautiful scenery along side the interesting characters is almost perfection

3- Team Fortress 2. Had the game for 3 months. More time is clocked on it than on all my games expect Ocarina of Time and MH3.

4- Pokemon franchise. It's Pokemon. Come now.

5- Super Mario Sunshine. If I can be excused for this I would probably say this is one of the best games ever made. In an era where 3D games were not exactly looking beautiful Nintendo made a small box and said. let's put some of the best games ever on this thing. This is one of them. It's brother Luigi's Mansion is tied with it.
Meez
Meez
Savvy Hunter
Savvy Hunter

Zenny : 234
Weapon of Choice : Long Sword

MH3 Online Info
City: Busy Doing Sexy Things
Room Availability:
Top Favorites Left_bar_bleue28/12Top Favorites Empty_bar_bleue  (28/12)

https://www.youtube.com/meezlikesgames

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum